Over 400 active members make use of the email@example.com platform services, among them teachers who are novices in the use of web 2.0 and also expert users of the social web tools. In the frame of the project a web-platform has been developed with relevant high quality content and a community has been formulated to inspire teachers for the use of web 2.0 tools in classrooms.
Te@ch.us offers a learning environment for knowledge sharing and communication between beginners and advanced learners. Among its services, a wide range of good practices and a broad list of tools together with explanation on how to use them are available in 7 different languages (English, German, Finnish, Lithuanian, Portugal, Hungarian and Greece).
To encourage teachers and familiarise them with the social web tools and with how to use these tools, a series of webinars, the so called “Webinar Wednesdays” series were organised on the following topics:
• Sloodle: Integrating Second Life with Moodle (organised by Proinov)
• Twitter (organised by Otava Folk High School)
• Overcoming Resistance (organised by Arcola Research)
• Games in Education (organised by MENON Network)
• Getting it Done (organised by ILI – Institute for Innovation in Learning, University of Erlangen-Nurnberg)
• Social Bookmarking / Diigo (organised by Otava Folk High School)
• A Success Story – How to make it possible with ICT (organised by Otava Folk High School)
• Shared Documents – How and What for? (organised by Otava Folk High School)
The series were very popular among the teachers so the originally planned five webinars were prolonged with three more. These events were recorded and the links can be reached via the firstname.lastname@example.org website.
More info on the teach.us website.